Skip to content
- Should I wear sunscreen everyday? I know it’s highly recommended by, well, everyone. But during winter I’m always extremely low on vitamin D. I still haven’t figured out whether or not I should start wearing sunscreen on my face (next to my tinted moisturiser that has SPF 15). Obviously I know that sun exposure is responsible for most of the visible ageing of your skin but the internet hasn’t provided me with a clear answer yet. I should probably consult my doctor.
- A new The Gentlewoman is out, featuring one of the most important contemporary female artists, Cindy Sherman. I need to pick it up this week. It’s the only magazine that I read. I haven’t missed an issue since the first one in 2010. You know, the one with Phoebe Philo on the cover (fun fact: I was super careful with that first edition and then my cat puked all over it).
- I scored my ultimate dream bag with a discount (!!) a week ago. It had been on my long term wish list for years and I promised myself I could buy it once I had received a permanent employment contract which I signed in February. When it arrived I took it out of the dust bag, stared at it for 5 minutes and then put it back in the box. I don’t know, it was such a big purchase that the actual object scared me for a second. But D. convinced me that I worked hard for it and if I loved it, I should keep it. Last week I was sick and only got to take it out one day. I was more disappointed about that than the fact that I was sick, LOL.
- While we are on the subject of work, I need to make a plan for the upcoming year. I know that everyone is very happy about the way I do my job but slowly but surely I’m starting to feel more ambitious. I didn’t get the chance to explore different directions at my previous job so now that I have to opportunity, I want to take full advantage of it. I do find it scary, I admit. I always want to believe that doing the job will take you places but unfortunately it takes more than that. The only ‘negative’ feedback that I receive is that I’m too modest about my accomplishments. As a result people tend to overlook me. So that’s one of the things I will work on.
- Why is decorating your house so much more difficult than getting dressed? It’s kind of the same idea right? I decided to order this lamp when H&M (successfully) lured me back onto their website with a 30% discount code. We have this vintage Scandinavian/modern design thing going on. It probably sounds more fancy that it actually is though. But that lamp should fit right in. Anyway, this month we will be living here for two years and the walls are still bare. I can’t seem to make up my mind. So that’s something I want to take care of this spring.
- I need to exercise more often. I don’t work out in the gym anymore but that doesn’t mean I should live a sedentary lifestyle. So my Fitbit is back on my wrist reminding me every hour to take a short walk. Which is a great excuse to get away from behind my computer at work. It’s so easy to sit there for hours straight. My main goal is 10.000 steps everyday which is approximately 8 kilometres.
- And finally, I’m compiling a list of maximum 5 things that I’m interested in buying this spring/summer. I’ve covered everything that I need in terms of clothing and accessories. So anything that I might buy is something that I covet and not necessarily need. By the way, as per request I’m working on a wardrobe overview of 2018.